our PTE exam might be near and we believe that is the reason which got you to this blog. Here we want to share with you some of the most important last minute tips before you take the PTE Test as well as few things you can keep in mind regarding each section.
Let us first look at some General PTE Exam Tips.
- You knew this was coming. Meditate friend! It exponentially improves your performance.
- Don’t fall in the trap of over-confidence and develop a lax attitude just before the exam. Sure there is no room for fear but there need to be complete attentiveness towards the test. You have to answer certain questions and remind yourself of the tips to tackle each one just at the right time. The secret is to involve this practice in your routine preparation. Be conscious towards your learning.
- Have the habit to speak, listen, read in English. Most importantly, Think in English! Give up the habit of translation. Treat yourself like the little kid who is learning to communicate.
- Be completely aware of your weak areas even if you have not satisfactorily improved in them by practising. It is alright. Focus on your strengths.
- You have analysed your performance so many times. A day before the test day is the time to relax the mind, lighten up the mood and stopping self-evaluation.
- On the test day, go to the test center a bit early. Do not let your brain slip into the mode where you are rushing.
- Carrying your ID proof (passport) is a must. You will not be admitted without it. There is no need for stationary.
- Use the restroom before the start of the test. Do not leave your place in the 10 minutes break that you get after the reading section. Instead, sit and relax a bit.
- Once you are on your seat make sure the devices like keyboard, microphone and headphones are running properly.
- It is good to check for typos, capital letters, full stop, other punctuations, and repetition of words.
- Do not submit your essay even if you have completed it well before the time ends. Review it one last time.
- Do not let the typos in the questions distract you. Your goal is to give the correct response.
- Keep your eyes on the timer too. You will thank yourself for being attentive for those three hours.
Now that you know the basic things to be taken care of, following are some of the advices you can follow for each section.