Youth of the world has fallen in love with Canada. This love isn’t sudden but remains slowly splashing across territories. They dream of joining the universities in Canada that stand above the world standards. But studying abroad does bore a hole into your pocket. So do you drop your dream of studying in Canada? Obviously NO!
There are various ways where you can fund your studies; if not fully then partially.
The earn while you learn options range from bar tendering to teaching a language; serving as an intern to joining as an associate; assisting as telephone operators to washing the cars and much more.
Here we give you some tit bits on choosing part time jobs so that your life in Canada is easy.
A trolley full of such working options is open to help any international student to fund his cost of living in Canada. Such collected finances at certain times can pay even the tuition fees sometimes.
You can work on-campus at the university from where you are obtaining higher studies. You are allowed to work based on your eligibility conditions and you can work 20 hours a week during your studies and full time during vacations.
“On-campus” employment is defined as employment in facilities owned, leased, or rented by the educational institution.
In order to work off-campus while studying, international students should have a valid off-campus work-permit. To be eligible for off-campus, you should be a full time student at a publicly-funded post-secondary institution or a private institution authorized by provincial statute to confer degrees.
Work after graduation
You can also work after the completion of your graduation. To be eligible, you must apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program. It issues work permit to students to foreign post-secondary students who wish to remain temporarily in Canada after graduation to work in their field of study.
Here is a list of some jobs to which students can be opted to do:
- Internships – Serving as an intern at companies will not only help you to learn but also help you to understand the related working of the corporate world. It will help you to gain on job experience with remuneration in return.
- Language Teacher – Did you know you can sell your native language to the ones keen on learning it? Among the various clubs offering extra-curricular activities in Canadian universities, learning foreign languages is taken up by many. You can bring about more recognition to your language to help others find interest in your native country.
- Tour Facilitator – You can also serve as a tour facilitator there for the tour and travel companies located in your country (India). In addition to the compensation for facilitation, you can also get incentives.
- Immigration Facilitator – Such facilitators work as a bridge between the immigration consultant from native country and their counterparts in Canada. They may charge for the varied related services concerned with the respective embassy in Canada.
- Taxi Driving – It’s one of the best options for those with knack of driving. Clearing the Canadian driving exams, you can find access to large money.
- Assistantship – You may find many migrant families from native countries there in Canada. They like to have the assistance of the ones from their own country and culture for varied jobs. By serving to be a great help for such families can open varied vistas in your living.
- Store Management – University students with great accounting skills land up in these part time jobs while studying in Canada. They ensure the inventory of the store in right numbers with options of working extra hours.
- Graduate Assistants – You can find respectable opportunities of working while learning. It will fetch you both money and experience.
- Tuition Waiver – Institutions with public funding in Canada sometimes give complete tuition waiver. Merit in certain respects is the foremost concern in granting complete waiver.
- Online Correspondent – If you have writing skills and knowledge searching bent of mind can work for many IT companies there in Canada. It is seen as an interesting profile that fetches various earning options.
So, fall in working options that give you the comfort of being in Canada not the sense of hardships. The country has relaxed rules for international students. Grab the opportunity and make your life.